Jerry’s Instant Pot Porky White Bean Potato Stew
This is a very hearty stew. Delicious ground pork, kielbasa and navy white beans. Yum. (note, photo is not from soup but gives an approximation of what the stew looks like).
- 2 tbsp olive oil Extra Virgin
- 2 lbs ground pork
- 1 lb kielbasa sliced
- 1 large onion chopped
- 3 stalks celery chopped
- 3 carrots chopped
- 4-5 potatoes chopped
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 white navy beans (15 cans) drained and rinsed
- 4-5 minced garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- salt & pepper to taste
1. Set Instant Pot on Saute mode until "HOT"
2. Add 2 tbsp. olive oil
3. Ground pork and strain into separate pot for later add in.
4. Add additional olive oil or keep some of fat from cooked ground pork.
5. Saute chopped onions and sweat down for 3-5 minutes. Add some salt in at this stage to help onion flavor.
6. Add in minced garlic and cook an additional minute stirring around.
7. Add in chopped carrots and celery and mix
8. Add in chopped potatoes and mix in.
9. Add in chicken broth and stir up.
10. Add back in the chopped kielbasa and ground pork and stir up.
11. Add salt & pepper to taste
12. Add in bay leaves on top for additional flavor
Take off of Saute mode. Secure lid and set pressure nozzle to sealing.
Set on manual for 30 minutes. After cooking, quick release pressure and allow to cool to desired eating temperature and enjoy.