Jerry's Instant Pot Bacon Burger Chili
A very hearty and delicious chili to satisfy all carnivores
- 1 medium onion diced small
- 1 tbsp salt for saute with onion
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 packages McCormick® Gluten-Free Chili Seasoning Mix
- 2 lbs 93% ground beef (no straining with lean beef)
- 1 lb bacon
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cans kidney beans
- 2 cans pinto beans
- 2 cans red beans
- 1 can crushed tomatoes (28 oz can or 2 x 15 oz)
- 1 can tomato paste
- 4-6 tbsp chili powder optional - for more heat
- 4-6 each jalapeno peppers optional - for more heat
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cook bacon ahead of time well and allow to cool.
- Brown ground beef and set aside.
- Open your cans of beans and strain out the juices. I gave these beans a good rinse as well in my colander.
- Set Instant Pot to Saute setting and wait until pot shows "HOT"
- Saute 2 tbsp of olive oil with the onions and 1 tbsp salt. This will release some great flavors. Cook until translucent (about 5 minutes)
- Add garlic and mix in.
- Add aromatics (chili powder mix and optional chili powder (if you want it hotter)
- Add in 4 cups of chicken broth
- Mix in ground beef and crumbled bacon and let simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Add in beans and stir up.
- Add in 28 oz (1 large can) or crushed tomatoes and stir well
- Add in 1 can of tomato paste and stir well.
- If you want more heat, you can add in your jalapenos here. It should be savory but if not, add salt and pepper to taste.
Hit the cancel button to remove from Saute mode.
Put on lid and set your pressure dial to pressure and set for 10 minutes.
Allow your chili to natural release (should take 15-30 minutes) - wait until the pin drops.
Stir up your chili and serve with cheese, sour cream, Fritos or corn bread. Store the remainder in freezer safe containers and you have instant chili whenever you want it.